poemetry

Friday, April 08, 2005

Yards and Yards of Yard...

Note: This part 2 of my Anticipation post. The post poo cleaning trauma revealed, etc…

Cleaned up the old flesh and bones off my gardens. Also swam in dog shit and raked/thatched till I got a keeper of a cramp in my left hand. The sun gave off not only light, but some pittance of warmth, too. We still have a whole of month of potentially killer frost, so it is a gamble. When I pulled up the rags of last year's thyme, the ghost of its scent came to life; same goes with the bee balm, the distinct odor is still haunting their stems.

Blueberry bushes report: Red stems and pink cupping buds, but no leaves.

Saw a sap-sucker zipping around the skies (can't miss that Bright red) along with the usual soaring and perching of eagles. Even robins are here. Also the 'hooters' (ptarmigan) have started their hollow, drumming call. I never have seen them, but enjoy their conversation very much.

Got my first bug bite!! (The only one I celebrate). They're heeeeerrre.

Changed the water in my hot tub yesterday. The water is still not hot enough. Gawd I could sure use a cramp reducing soak right now! And when filling it up, I noticed that the water line on the tiles on the right side was Not even with the water line on the tiles on the left side. To be sure, I went and got a level. Bad news, it is off about an inch. Which means the 12-year old deck it sits on has leaned a bit. I am not so concerned about the floor (it sits directly on the ground) as I am the roof over it. Note to self: Get the damned deck situation checked out!!
My obit will read:
"…sadly, she was crushed by the roof of her deck while soaking in the hot tub, sipping champagne and listening to The White Stripes." There are worse ways to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home