poemetry

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

One of my poems is getting published!!

Yippeee. I sent in a handful of poems last November to my local university after they put out word of solicating poems/short stories from the public. They were blind judged. I found out a couple of days ago they chose one of my poems to be included in the publication. It's funny, of the five I sent in, I would have ranked the one chosen about my fourth fave.

It's an odd snapshot of time. I wrote it years ago and it's gone through many changes. At one point, I really loved it, then something happened and I decided it wasn't so great after all. So now, I am trying to 'bond' with it again, since it has gone out and done what no other of my poems has done: gotten itself published :o) I suppose I should buy it a drink or some flowers or something, to show my appreciation. I'll think about it...

What? You think I'm gonna print it here? Sorry chumps. You'll have to buy the book. Hahaha
Just kidding. I'll post it here eventually. It might even be here already, I'll have to take a look.

1 Comments:

  • oh...I see Laurie...the problem of changing...!!! Congratulations for your published poem...I would like to read that.

    By Blogger sandra, at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home