poemetry

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Disclaimer: about that painting....

I decided, that even though I am virtually talking-to-myself, that I need to put a disclaimer on that painting of mine.

On my profile, I did not list 'artist' or 'painter.' My painting is Exhibit A as to why I did not list my artistic abilities. It is because I have none. I painted it about four months after my first trip to Venice.

Suddenly one night, I had an impulse to get my mind's jumble of impressions of the place onto a canvas. I stayed up nearly all night completing it. And felt strangely relieved having accomplished my task.

There it was, 'a monkey might have done it' rendering of my inner-Venice. The building are crooked. The water is bizarre. My "bridge" is unsafe. But, it felt like a huge accomplishment. And I must admit, despite the amateur content, the colours do still excite me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home