poemetry

Friday, October 14, 2005

James McMurtry...

I have added an artist to my profile's Musical Interest category.

James McMurtry.

He has a new CD out titled: Childish Things
It is wonderful.
The song on this cd, "We Can't Make it Here Anymore" is what I heard on my local public radio station (KTOO) that got me introduced to his music.

My usual method of getting cd's is through amazon.com. There you can hear snippets and get a feel for his style.

For the 10's of friends and strangers who read this, Check It Out!~

2 Comments:

  • sounded great, difficult sound to describe, very raw and direct, but great voice he has. I like the bit country like rock style. Seems a good choice to me...

    By Blogger Gerrit Bosman, at 6:46 AM  

  • His lyrics are very good throughout. His father is the McMurtry of 'Lonesome Dove' fame.

    His sound is a bit like Cash's in some places. But mostly it is an amalgam of good stuff. And doesn't seem to be trying to be anything but original.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home