poemetry

Friday, March 28, 2008

Ummm. Nevermind (March 25 post)

Well.
So much for pouting and feeling sorry for myself. (Shit, I was sooo enjoying it!!)
I woke up this morning to an email telling me that not one, not two, not Three, but FOUR of my five poems submitted would be published. It's pretty incomprehensible. I really thought the deadline for finding out had passed--because.........I'd been told if I was to be included I would have heard the previous week. It's not like I made up the timeline; I had it on good authority.

Maybe spring-break pushed it to later. Who knows??! But I am dumbstruck that 4 of these are getting published. The fifth poem happens to have alread been published in a magazine: "Alaska Women Speak." But they print just about anything. This university publication is done through 'blind-judging,' so there is an element of merit.

I'm pretty stoked.
I also haven't written a poem in about a year. I always get to a point where I think that anything and everything I have ever written is crap! Maybe this will resurrect my muse from her puddle of muck...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home