poemetry

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

testing testing onetwothree

Dear diary, I've not posted in almost a year, so I am just clearing off the cyber-dust (spring cleaning??) and thinking about maybe writing something other than what you are reading, which as you have figured out by now is quite boring...I didn't enter any poems for consideration in the publication I had poems printed in the last couple of years, so I don't have the suspense of that to fret about. I just couldn't get excited about any of the poems I had on hand. I do miss that 'feeling' of being entranced with a particular poem du jour--O' the masochistic joy of poetry!

I have built a wall (well half a wall). No. It's not a metaphor. Actually my friend's carpenter husband put in the wall and I textured and painted it to match the pre-existing bottom of the wall with a peek through section between my kitchen and dining room-slash-office. Turned out not bad. "Orange Peel" was the name of the canned texture I used and it pretty much looks the same except for one part where it got kind of drippy, which is now the bane of my existence each time I look at that little part of supporting column that has the 4"x16" dripperiffic faux pas.

Also I stained and poly-ed a piece of pine that serves as a shelf on the look-through between the two rooms. It turned out REALLY nice. Used an ebony stain initially and them mixed in a ground aluminum silver paint with some of the ebony stain so it looks kind of like gunmetal, but with the wood grain still visible and used a high gloss polyurethane. It looks really moderne and fits well with my black and red kitchen.

Did a little bit of painting on mamushka blanks last month. I bought the blanks years ago and finally got around to being inspired. One set of five is various modern designs that turned out pretty groovy. And the other set of five I painted bare tree branches with five different backgrounds: the largest has a clear blue sky and a few white clouds and the branches have sprinkles of snow on them. Next smaller is a dark blue night with silver stars. Next smaller is a colourful sunrise. Next smaller (about an inch and half high) is an all grey cloudy thing and the tiniest I painted black with a white branch design. The branches on all the others are black/brown. Come to think of it, I could just take a picture...but am still not on good terms with my digital camera...We'll see. Haha.

It has snowed like a bastard again this year--that's three years in a row now. I've heard global warming should actually be called global weirding, because it doesn't define mere 'warming' but more acurately causes anomolies all around. I concur. Messed up my already messed up back moving piles of snow around. Good times. Good times.

Well, I guess I've kicked up enough dust for now...ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home