poemetry

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Oh wall



Here is my new half a wall. There was a cheesy piece of wood veneer on the back of my kitchen cabinets on the other side previous to the upper wall's existence. Now that it is there, it looks like it should have been there the whole time. It was put up for a practical purpose: so I could hang a new microwave over my stove on the other side. My olde (25+ years) micro was suspended from the upper crawl space with long threaded bolts...a set up I found out was completely unorthodox when I tried two years ago to replace it and was told I NEEDED a wall. A friend had her master carpenter husband take a look to see if a wall could be squeezed in behind the cabinets and tied in with the lower wall. It was possible and I am eternally grateful to them for the help! It looks great and the new micro is wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home