poemetry

Thursday, December 08, 2005

I've Got A Hot Date...

I've Got a Hot Dateā€¦

on Saturday night. After a couple of months being apart, we have decided to get back together again. I just been too busy to arrange an outing, even though I know it would have been, well, hot. Thing is, if I forget to chlorinate it for a couple of weeks, I start thinking about cooties that might be in there now escaping the dose of chlorine I finally get around to tossing in the water. So that makes me a little reluctant to want to jump in and it becomes even easier to forget about chlorinating because it starts sinking into the background of my 'things to do.' And then so much time goes by, I become sure that there are very angry cooties in there by now. So then changing the water is the priority. But if I am too busy with work, that gets put on hold. We have this vicious circle of a relationship. But, gawd, when it's good, it's very good. When I don't have so much work that decadent, leisurely activities can be part of my life, we sometimes go out 7 days a week. Champagne! Merlot! Sliced oranges!Perrier! and a dreamy blue light that creates an ethereal ambiance on these cold, black winter nights in Alaska. I already know exactly what I am going to wear. The fresh, cold water in there now, will be perfect by 7pm, Saturday. Don't call. I'll be busy! :o)

2 Comments:

  • Wow, that really sounds hot to me! I had a similar date this week in the sauna. This one is a good one, with a real burning fire in it, you can stoke the stove yourself with wooden blocks. It is a real pleasure to be in it even at a temperature of 85 degrees celcius.

    By Blogger Gerrit Bosman, at 9:17 AM  

  • Cool :o))
    I mean Hot. There is something so life affirming about the pairing of extreme hot and cold together and placing your body in between the two elements.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home