poemetry

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Moon and Yew painting...

Yes, it is crooked, do not adjust your set...
I painted this little canvas a few years ago, trying to capture something that would sit nicely with Plath's poem, "The Moon and the Yew Tree." Thinking back, I have no idea what prompted me to try this. It turned out okay. I think I spent more time trying to pick a font type to print up the poem than I did painting the picture. As with all my paintings, it is extraordinarily amatuer...but was fun to do. Since the painting is on a (thin) canvas I used rolled paper to raise the printed poem up to the same height as the surface of the painting, then matted and framed the works. I used silver paint for the stars, so if the light hits them just right, they twinkle. If you click on the picture (as with all pics on this blog) it will expand the size.

2 Comments:

  • Hey Laurie!

    Good stuff! Love your art work, especially the use of the metallic paints....you know how I love the sparkly stuff....I must have been a crow in one of my previous lives.

    I have my fingers crossed that Sarah keeps getting better....give her a big hug and sloppy kiss from me.

    Love,
    Bec

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:00 PM  

  • Hey Becs~
    Sarah says Boof! (Thanks) It seems her hearing is spotty at best and yesterday she started getting a bit dizzy again. Oy.

    Thanks for stopping by and saying nice things about my art (I use that term loosely :)

    Speaking of crows, my ravens started nesting two weeks ago. Way too early. I think my feeding them has messed up their biological clocks.

    later gater,
    L

    By Blogger Laurie, at 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home