poemetry

Monday, January 30, 2006

Guilty Pleasure #6, Stealing other bloggers topics of discussion

I owe Wil a big thanks for explaining to me (again) how to get a Link. I have yet to try again, but will, Wil. :o) As for the below, I saw this afternoon on Gerrit's blog this topic of '5 Guilty Pleasures.' It seemed like a fun thing to occupy my mind (and was!) so I stole the idea. Apologies all around, and thanks for the idea.

1) Peter Sarsgaard. Guilty. I watch his movies now just to see him, and not to appreciate the movie as a whole. Of course on the first few viewings I am enjoying the movie. After that, I am just being Pathetic. I might even be able to confess to one steamy dream. Sigh. Yes, dammit, just one. :o)

2) My hot tub. I adore everything about it. The relaxing, buoyant hot water, the turquoise blue light, the effervescence of the water when the jets are on, the muscle pummeling jets and the emancipating feeling of being topless in the great outdoors. It is private enough to do this without much fear, but that little bit of fear of being caught top down is a good thing, too :o). (cheap thrills) Hmmm, maybe I should blame this list on my evil twin…and there is nothing better to go along with this than a glass of chilled, champagne and a compilation CD custom made for just this sort of thing…

3) Talking to my dog, Sarah, and sometimes, lying to her. Yes. I sometimes lie to my dog. It is all in the name of adding a little excitement to her 'lady of leisure' life and to humor my self. Sometimes I tell her, "There are Meows Out There!" and maybe on occasion I might mention that, " and they want your bone." Same goes for the "perty birds" which now includes not just the stellar jays, but also the dark eyed juncos that come for sunflower seeds and the pair of ravens I have been feeding (gasp) her crunchy dog snacks. So I talk to her about stuff and set her off into grabbing her bones every once in a while and running to the window, looking for thieves….

4) Soap and lotion. I have 5 years worth of shower soap in my bathroom. Mostly by Philosphy and The Body Shop. From Philosphy you have your food groups, Key Lime Pie, Hot Chocolate, Melon Daiquiri, Hazelnut White Chocolate, Cinnamon Buns, Coconut Cream Pie, Candy Cane, Egg Nog, Café au Lait, Pumpkin Pie, Vanilla Cupcake, Apple Cider…okay, maybe 10 years worth. The Body Shop has more earthy delights: Peppermint, Sugar n Spice, Bergamot, Chocolate Orange, Pink Grapefruit (okay, I guess we have some food groups here too…) Some of these flavors also have matching lotions. I am terribly addicted to this stuff. Somebody stop me!!!!!

5) Past transgressions: I used to bite my nails. I am down to biting only one. I used to polish off a bag of Ruffles barbeque potato chips in an evening. I no longer eat chips or drink Coke and don't even miss the stuff. I used to beat my dog…Just Kidding!! Somebody else used to beat my dog but thankfully gave her up for adoption. I used to use credit cards like they were growing on trees till reality kicked in and gave them up for a debt free lifestyle. I am however Still paying for THAT past transgression. And then there is always Venice. I guess that place really is my guiltiest of pleasures...

3 Comments:

  • I use to have a couple of fly-boy buddies who piloted part-time in summer for Alaska Air. They used to tell tales of the nude sunbathers lying out on backyard decks as they'd take off for their next stops from juneau. Perhaps one of the sun bathing beauties was you?

    I'll never tell. ;)

    By Blogger Wil, at 12:53 AM  

  • Nothing beats a guilty pleasure, I enjoyed your list, the best one was the lying to your dog. Who doesn't, I always do it, and sometimes talk dirty in a soft sweet voice and he enjoes it all. My dog loves my voice and I love talking to him. But hey, I talk to my car, to the cats, the horses, my computer, myself, who would listen anyway?

    By Blogger Gerrit Bosman, at 3:16 AM  

  • Hi Wil~

    Yikes, heck no! No, to topless sunbathing and NO to being a beauty. My profile portrait, standing in an alcove in Venice is shadowy for good reason. Anyways, there is a roof over my tub :o) About your pilot buds, I never stop being in awe at the 'small world' aspect of this entity called the internet...

    Hi Gerrit~

    Yeah, sometimes I say obnoxious things to Sarah, but in a sweet voice and she is none the wiser. I like to find the catch phrases that make her do one of those too cute head tilts. Usually I can get it to happend with: "Sarah, do you wanna...?" The head tilts on "do" :o) They are such fun.
    Your post makes me think of one of my current favorite songs by James McMurty, "Charlemagne's Hometown." There is a line at the beginning that really resonates with me: "I keep to myself, I like the language..." Good enough reason to talk to ones self...

    ciao for now,
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home