poemetry

Friday, May 01, 2009

Sarah's poem....a Rerun

Sarah wrote this several years ago and it was previously posted quite awhile back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarah Writes a Poem
(or Boof)

Boof.
My favorite word.
It means sooo much-
"Let's go car"
"Where's my bone?"
"My ass itches"
Boof, covers it all.
While calculating the
hypotenuse of door knob
mysteries and the zen of "out"
A dog, blackly clad
tortured my senses by
existing in the same
neighborhood as Sarah.
Sarah, queen of all that
can be seen, heard or smelled
is assaulted by a tennis ball slave,
A sight unbearable
I -
- must - shout - - -
Boof! boof, Boof!
My queendom
tolerates no trespassers
In the cage beyond my windows.

3 Comments:

  • Laurie--
    Both of these poems are imbued with so much affection for Sarah...you obviously love her very much...it's hard to know what to say. That love that she returned every day will be a sweet memory and a consolation and comfort to you every time you think of her or look at a picture of her.
    Forgive me if this is too bold, but I hope you have some company during this difficult time. Don't sit home and grieve by yourself... go out and do something. I would be telling myself the same thing in similar circumstances.
    --Jim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 AM  

  • Thanks Jim. It's not empty words when I say what you said means a lot and is much appreciated.

    I am doing a little yard work, a little work, work and am not isolating myself, except when that is exactly what I need at the moment. I'm avoiding going for a shop in case I'd have to leave my cart half full of groceries because an involuntary crying jag overcomes me. But, I'm okay and missing Sarah dog like crazy and hoping she is happy chasing cats and gnawing bones wherever she is.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 3:06 PM  

  • Laurie ~

    This is the very sweet and loving poem I remember reading a long time ago about Sarah. I loved it then and I love it now. I hope that blackly-clad other dog finally left her alone.

    You were there for her all the way.


    ~ Lizzy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home