poemetry

Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Backyard Today

Leaves still are not out on trees, but stuff is springing up after a long and very snowy winter. Having the sun be out today was a total suprise (rain predicted) and it is quite lovely out there. This is my back and side yard where I have a small creek. As always, you can click on a picture to see enlarge for a better view.


Above: Ribbon grass by creek (varigated white/green stripes) Blueberry bushes off to the side (top pic) and pink pulmonaria in bloom. Salmon berry bush is the branchy thing on the second pic.
Below: Skunk cabbage is coming up behind the chair. My planter Needs some annuals.












2 Comments:

  • Wow, Laurie! What a great backyard. It looks so nice now, but I bet it's extraordinary in the summertime. --Jim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:20 PM  

  • Thanks! It is pretty dreamy to have a creek :) Last year I was on the master gardner's annual garden tour they do as a fundraiser by selling tickets. I'm not a master gardner or anything, but they end up driving around looking for a couple of places to feature each year (this is a Small town) and happened upon mine on a decent day and asked if I'd be interested. Never again will I 'work' as hard as I did that week getting it ready for scrutiny.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home